Jaeger - unexpected HTTP status code received from server: 404

APM Server version:
APM Agent language and version:
Jaeger 1.28.0 windows

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant):
Running jager agent and I get when it tries to send span to the APM server I get an error
.\jaeger-agent.exe --reporter.grpc.tls.enabled=true --reporter.grpc.tls.skip-host-verify=true --reporter.grpc.host-port=retracted.apm.eu-west-1.aws.cloud.es.io:443 --agent.tags="elastic-apm-auth=Bearer retracted" --reporter.grpc.tls.ca=cer1.pem

Provide logs and/or server output (if relevant):
{"level":"error","ts":1637163612.7944796,"caller":"grpc/reporter.go:74","msg":"Could not send spans over gRPC","error":"rpc error: code = Unimplemented desc = unexpected HTTP status code received from server: 404 (Not Found); transport: received unexpected content-type "text/plain; charset=utf-8"","stacktrace":"github.com/jaegertracing/jaeger/cmd/agent/app/reporter/grpc.(*Reporter).send\n\tgithub.com/jaegertracing/jaeger/cmd/agent/app/reporter/grpc/reporter.go:74\ngithub.com/jaegertracing/jaeger/cmd/agent/app/reporter/grpc.(*Reporter).EmitBatch\n\tgithub.com/jaegertracing/jaeger/cmd/agent/app/reporter/grpc/reporter.go:53\ngithub.com/jaegertracing/jaeger/cmd/agent/app/reporter.(*MetricsReporter).EmitBatch\n\tgithub.com/jaegertracing/jaeger/cmd/agent/app/reporter/metrics.go:85\ngithub.com/jaegertracing/jaeger/cmd/agent/app/reporter.(*ClientMetricsReporter).EmitBatch\n\tgithub.com/jaegertracing/jaeger/cmd/agent/app/reporter/client_metrics.go:121\ngithub.com/jaegertracing/jaeger/thrift-gen/agent.(*agentProcessorEmitBatch).Process\n\tgithub.com/jaegertracing/jaeger/thrift-gen/agent/agent.go:176\ngithub.com/jaegertracing/jaeger/thrift-gen/agent.(*AgentProcessor).Process\n\tgithub.com/jaegertracing/jaeger/thrift-gen/agent/agent.go:123\ngithub.com/jaegertracing/jaeger/cmd/agent/app/processors.(*ThriftProcessor).processBuffer\n\tgithub.com/jaegertracing/jaeger/cmd/agent/app/processors/thrift_processor.go:122\ngithub.com/jaegertracing/jaeger/cmd/agent/app/processors.NewThriftProcessor.func2\n\tgithub.com/jaegertracing/jaeger/cmd/agent/app/processors/thrift_processor.go:87"}

Hi!
I needed to be in APM version 7.15.
It works now

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.