Jira Account Settings and Cluster Settings

I discovered a weird behavior with the jira settings in elasticsearch 6.5.x. It seems if you have them enabled in the elasticsearch keystore, then you cannot update the cluster settings.

All I have is a standalone elasticsearch node with trial license enabled.

If I add a jira account by using the instructions outlined here: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elastic-stack-overview/6.5/actions-jira.html#configuring-jira

/usr/share/elasticsearch# bin/elasticsearch-keystore list
keystore.seed
xpack.notification.jira.account.monitoring.secure_password
xpack.notification.jira.account.monitoring.secure_url
xpack.notification.jira.account.monitoring.secure_user

now if I execute this command:

curl -XPUT "http://localhost:9200/_cluster/settings" -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d'
{
  "persistent": {
    "cluster": {
      "routing": {
        "allocation.enable": "none"
      }
    }
  }
}'

I get this response

{
  "error": {
    "root_cause": [
      {
        "type": "illegal_state_exception",
        "reason": "setting [xpack.notification.jira.account.monitoring.secure_user] is not dynamic"
      }
    ],
    "reason": "setting [xpack.notification.jira.account.monitoring.secure_user] is not dynamic",
    "suppressed": [
      {
        "reason": "setting [xpack.notification.jira.account.monitoring.secure_url] is not dynamic"
      },
      {
        "reason": "setting [xpack.notification.jira.account.monitoring.secure_password] is not dynamic"
      }
    ]
  },
  "status": 500
}

I did not have this issue in 6.3.0, and it happens for any attempt to set cluster settings. If I remove the xpack.notification.jira.* settings from the keystore, there is no issue

this indeed looks like a bug. we will investigate

1 Like

which Elasticsearch version are you using? Is it 6.5.3 or before that?

I experienced it with both 6.5.3 and 6.5.2. the more controlled set up I described here was 6.5.2

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.