Jmx input: undefined method 'event'

I'm trying to use the jmx input for Logstash (2.4.0) but get the following error:
{:timestamp=>"2017-01-03T14:28:13.344000+0000", :message=>"undefined method 'event' for #<LogStash::Inputs::Jmx:0x5a49b577>", :level=>:warn}

It seems to be explained in this comment: https://github.com/logstash-plugins/logstash-input-jmx/issues/26#issuecomment-257024957.

My question is: how does this work? Does the plugin maintainer have to create a new build which Elastic then accepts, can he/she publish the new build him/her self, can we update this plugin ourselves? And if it's the former two, how do I get the ball rolling on that one?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Feel free to raise a PR and then post back in here to make the team aware :slight_smile:

@warkolm, there is a PR since almost two months back.

@frankkoornstra, keep in mind that one available option is to build a gem yourself and install it with the usual logstash-plugin command. While it's certainly more convenient to wait for an officially released gem you're never stranded.

Ok, nice to know that that is an option. It would be good though that the default install of a, what seems to me as essential plugin, is not broken. Besides, it took quite some googling and issue browsing (although hopefully less now that this topic is here) to find out why. I was hoping that the maintainers were maybe here as well or at least someone that knows a girl that knows a guy that knows the maintainer :slight_smile:

Judging by its CONTRIBUTORS file the plugin doesn't have a maintainer.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.