Journalbeats - Error Creating Reader for Local Journal

I am working on an issue with Journalbeats v7.9.2 where I am unable to get the service to start after the initial Journalbeats install. I am working in a number of Linux environments and the same version of Journalbeats is running as expected. Oddly enough I noticed a pattern where this issue is only occurring within Oracle Linux 6.x versions, all while Oracle Linux 7.x are successfully running Journalbeats and using the same Journalbeats.yml file.

The error I am receiving when attempting to start Journalbeats is below:

ERROR instance/beat.go:951 Exiting: error creating reader for local journal: reader.go:100: failed to open local journal unable to open a handle to the library
Exiting: error creating reader for local journal: reader.go:100: failed to open local journal
unable to open a handle to the library

When reviewing the Support Matrix I do not see a Journalbeats Matrix which leaves me to wonder if these versions of Linux/Journalbeats are not supported, or maybe a bug. Let me know if you can provide more in-depth detail about this error. Elastic Support Matrix | Elasticsearch
Thanks-

This issue is also seen within Journalbeats v7.9.3 and Oracle Linux 6.x versions too.

Has there been any update on this?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.