I am quite new to kibana 4 or 5. We are currently using the nagios logserver in production which is based on kibana 3. Now I want to get familar with kibana 4 / 5 for considering about switching to kibana 5 when it becomes stable.
First I should tell about one usecase we are using in kibana 3 (I haven't seen pure elastic's kibana 3, so I don't know how nagios specific our workflow is:
- We are having logfiles of multiple modules of our application in elasticsearch.
- We have multiple queries, which are like the following:
- show lines of logfile1 which contains String 1
- show lines of logfile 2 which contains String 2
- We have filters, which are applied on top of all queries:
- show only lines of Stage Production
- show only lines where user_id is x
- We have a panel of table style which shows the data likewise the discovery tab in kibana 4. Values are filtered for the queries and filters above.
So we do not need any aggregation here, but we need it for logfile analysis to combine multiple logs and sort it by timestmap. So we can see for example whats going on on client and server side as a stream.
How can I do it in kibana 4 or 5?
Do need to combine all queries into one or is there the possibility to set mutliple queries and to toggle them on / off by need?
How do I add manual filter in dashboards? I mean not by clicking on a bar for example in the visualisation. I would like to manually add it as filter.
Thanks in advance,