Kibana 5.6 state red

** {"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-03-01T02:46:37Z","tags":["status","plugin:kibana@5.6.15","info"],"pid":9,"state":"green","message":"Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready","prevState":"uninitialized","prevMsg":"uninitialized"}

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-03-01T02:46:37Z","tags":["status","plugin:elasticsearch@5.6.15","info"],"pid":9,"state":"yellow","message":"Status changed from uninitialized to yellow - Waiting for Elasticsearch","prevState":"uninitialized","prevMsg":"uninitialized"}

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-03-01T02:46:37Z","tags":["status","plugin:console@5.6.15","info"],"pid":9,"state":"green","message":"Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready","prevState":"uninitialized","prevMsg":"uninitialized"}

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-03-01T02:46:37Z","tags":["status","plugin:elasticsearch@5.6.15","error"],"pid":9,"state":"red","message":"Status changed from yellow to red - Authentication Exception","prevState":"yellow","prevMsg":"Waiting for Elasticsearch"}

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-03-01T02:46:37Z","tags":["status","plugin:metrics@5.6.15","info"],"pid":9,"state":"green","message":"Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready","prevState":"uninitialized","prevMsg":"uninitialized"}

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-03-01T02:46:37Z","tags":["status","plugin:timelion@5.6.15","info"],"pid":9,"state":"green","message":"Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready","prevState":"uninitialized","prevMsg":"uninitialized"}

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-03-01T02:46:38Z","tags":["listening","info"],"pid":9,"message":"Server running at http://0.0.0.0:5601"}

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-03-01T02:46:38Z","tags":["status","ui settings","error"],"pid":9,"state":"red","message":"Status changed from uninitialized to red - Elasticsearch plugin is red","prevState":"uninitialized","prevMsg":"uninitialized"}**

My es haven't install x-pack , and so I pull a kibana image from docker hub https://hub.docker.com/_/kibana/ which without x-pack,and run it on my k8s, my kibana config is

"env": [
              {
                "name": "SERVER_NAME",
                "valueFrom": {
                  "fieldRef": {
                    "apiVersion": "v1",
                    "fieldPath": "metadata.name"
                  }
                }
              },
              {
                "name": "ELASTICSEARCH_URL",
                "value": "http://127.0.0.1:9200"
              },
              {
                "name": "ELASTICSEARCH_USERNAME",
                "value": "root"
              },
              {
                "name": "ELASTICSEARCH_PASSWORD",
                "value": "somepasswd"
              },
              {
                "name": "SERVER_HOST",
                "value": "0.0.0.0"
              },
              {
                "name": "SERVER_BASEPATH",
                "value": "/lbsdata"
              },
              {
                "name": "XPACK_MONITORING_UI_CONTAINER_ELASTICSEARCH_ENABLED",
                "value": "false"
              },
              {
                "name": "XPACK_MONITORING_ENABLED",
              },
              {
                "name": "XPACK_SECURITY_ENABLED",
              },
              {
                "name": "XPACK_GRAPH_ENABLED",
              },
              {
                "name": "XPACK_REPORTING_ENABLED",
              },
              {
                "name": "XPACK_ML_ENABLED",
              },
              {
                "name": "XPACK_WATCHER_ENABLED",
              }
            ]

Is there anything wrong with my config?

1. Could you try stopping, clearing the logs, and restarting Kibana and then posting the logs here?
  2. Also are Elasticsearch and Kibana on the same version ?
  3. if you execute the following curl against ES, does it return anything? curl -XGET http://localhost:9200/.kibana ?
  4. Let's try to delete the .kibana index, and it'll recreate it, I wanna see if it works the second time around. To do so, let's run curl -XDELETE http://localhost:9200/.kibana

Please do the following steps and see if the error is resolved.

Thanks
Rashmi

es version is 5.6.4 and kibana 5.6.15
when I run curl -XGET http://localhost:9200/.kibana, it returns a lot, such as:

{".kibana":{"aliases":{},"mappings":{"config":{"dynamic":"true","_all":{"enabled":false},"_field_names":{"enabled":false},"dynamic_templates":[{"timestamp":{"match":"timestamp","mapping":{"format":"strict_date_optional_time||epoch_millis","type":"date"}}},{"message_full":{"match":"message_full","mapping":{"fields":{"keyword":{"ignore_above":2048,"type":"keyword"}},"type":"text"}}},{"message":{"match":"message","mapping":{"type":"text"}}},{"strings":{"match_mapping_type":"string","mapping":{"type":"keyword"}}}],"properties":{"buildNum":{"type":"keyword"}}},"graph-workspace":{"dynamic":"strict","_all":{"enabled":false},"_field_names":{"enabled":false},"dynamic_templates":[{"timestamp":{"match":"timestamp","mapping":{"format":"strict_date_optional_time||epoch_millis","type":"date"}}},{"message_full":{"match":"message_full","mapping":{"fields":{"keyword":{"ignore_above":2048,"type":"keyword"}},"type":"text"}}},{"message":{"match":"message","mapping":{"type":"text"}}},{"strings":{"match_mapping_type":"string","mapping":{"type":"keyword"}}}],"properties":{"description":{"type":"text"},"kibanaSavedObjectMeta":{"properties":{"searchSourceJSON":{"type":"text"}}},"numLinks":{"type":"integer"},"numVertices":{"type":"integer"},"title":{"type":"text"},"version":{"type":"integer"},"wsState":{"type":"text"}}},"timelion-sheet":{"dynamic":"strict","_all":{"enabled":false},"_field_names":{"enabled":false},"dynamic_templates":[{"timestamp":{"match":"timestamp","mapping":{"format":"strict_date_optional_time||epoch_millis","type":"date"}}},{"message_full":{"match":"message_full","mapping":{"fields":{"keyword":{"ignore_above":2048,"type":"keyword"}},"type":"text"}}},{"message":{"match":"message","mapping":{"type":"text"}}},{"strings":{"match_mapping_type":"string","mapping":{"type":"keyword"}}}],"properties":{"description":{"type":"text"},"hits":{"type":"integer"},"kibanaSavedObjectMeta":{"properties":{"searchSourceJSON":{"type":"text"}}},"timelion_chart_height":{"type":"integer"},"timelion_columns":{"type":"integer"},"timelion_interval":{"type":"keyword"},"timelion_other_interval":{"type":"keyword"},"timelion_rows":{"type":"integer"},"timelion_sheet":{"type":"text"},"title":{"type":"text"},"version":{"type":"integer"}}},"dashboard":{"dynamic":"strict","_all":{"enabled":false},"_field_names":{"enabled":false},"dynamic_templates":[{"timestamp":{"match":"timestamp","mapping":{"format":"strict_date_optional_time||epoch_millis","type":"date"}}},{"message_full":{"match":"message_full","mapping":{"fields":{"keyword":{"ignore_above":2048,"type":"keyword"}},"type":"text"}}},{"message": ........

and then I delete it, restart the image. it still logs:

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-03-01T08:08:42Z","tags":["status","plugin:kibana@5.6.15","info"],"pid":11,"state":"green","message":"Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready","prevState":"uninitialized","prevMsg":"uninitialized"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-03-01T08:08:42Z","tags":["status","plugin:elasticsearch@5.6.15","info"],"pid":11,"state":"yellow","message":"Status changed from uninitialized to yellow - Waiting for Elasticsearch","prevState":"uninitialized","prevMsg":"uninitialized"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-03-01T08:08:42Z","tags":["status","plugin:console@5.6.15","info"],"pid":11,"state":"green","message":"Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready","prevState":"uninitialized","prevMsg":"uninitialized"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-03-01T08:08:42Z","tags":["status","plugin:elasticsearch@5.6.15","error"],"pid":11,"state":"red","message":"Status changed from yellow to red - Authentication Exception","prevState":"yellow","prevMsg":"Waiting for Elasticsearch"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-03-01T08:08:42Z","tags":["status","plugin:metrics@5.6.15","info"],"pid":11,"state":"green","message":"Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready","prevState":"uninitialized","prevMsg":"uninitialized"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-03-01T08:08:43Z","tags":["status","plugin:timelion@5.6.15","info"],"pid":11,"state":"green","message":"Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready","prevState":"uninitialized","prevMsg":"uninitialized"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-03-01T08:08:43Z","tags":["listening","info"],"pid":11,"message":"Server running at http://0.0.0.0:5601"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-03-01T08:08:43Z","tags":["status","ui settings","error"],"pid":11,"state":"red","message":"Status changed from uninitialized to red - Elasticsearch plugin is red","prevState":"uninitialized","prevMsg":"uninitialized"}

What I guess the fault is that the kibana no xpack image (which may called kibana-oss image) at 5.6 version is wrong. Is there a plan to apply kibana-oss 5.6 ? or can I make my own image by some instructions?

well, I fix it up by config my k8s with configmap and put the username and password in it.

But there comes up a new question,

the Kibana pages show nothing other than a basic frame... and when I look at the log, it shows:

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-03-01T10:54:00Z","tags":["timelion","error"],"pid":8,"message":"Error: in cell #1: [status_exception] authentication not allowed: Error: in cell #1: [status_exception] authentication not allowed\n at throwWithCell (/usr/share/kibana/src/core_plugins/timelion/server/handlers/chain_runner.js:45:11)\n at /usr/share/kibana/src/core_plugins/timelion/server/handlers/chain_runner.js:175:13\n at arrayEach (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/lodash/index.js:1311:13)\n at Function.<anonymous> (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/lodash/index.js:3389:13)\n at /usr/share/kibana/src/core_plugins/timelion/server/handlers/chain_runner.js:167:24\n at bound (domain.js:280:14)\n at runBound (domain.js:293:12)\n at tryCatcher (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/bluebird/js/main/util.js:26:23)\n at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/bluebird/js/main/promise.js:503:31)\n at Promise._settlePromiseAt (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/bluebird/js/main/promise.js:577:18)\n at Promise._settlePromises (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/bluebird/js/main/promise.js:693:14)\n at Async._drainQueue (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/bluebird/js/main/async.js:123:16)\n at Async._drainQueues (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/bluebird/js/main/async.js:133:10)\n at Immediate.Async.drainQueues (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/bluebird/js/main/async.js:15:14)\n at runCallback (timers.js:672:20)\n at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:645:5)"}

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.