Kibana 7.13.1 Windows - kibana-encryption-keys

Hi there, from a fresh install of Kibana, I see the following warnings

log   [17:57:12.982] [info][plugins][taskManager] TaskManager is identified by the Kibana UUID: 2e13faf3-b90d-44dd-bfe8-07962b2b6a2a
  log   [17:57:13.371] [warning][config][plugins][security] Generating a random key for xpack.security.encryptionKey. To prevent sessions from being invalidated on restart, please set xpack.security.encryptionKey in the kibana.yml or use the bin/kibana-encryption-keys command.
  log   [17:57:13.372] [warning][config][plugins][security] Session cookies will be transmitted over insecure connections. This is not recommended.
  log   [17:57:13.431] [warning][config][plugins][reporting] Generating a random key for xpack.reporting.encryptionKey. To prevent sessions from being invalidated on restart, please set xpack.reporting.encryptionKey in the kibana.yml or use the bin/kibana-encryption-keys command.
  log   [17:57:13.447] [info][config][plugins][reporting] Chromium sandbox provides an additional layer of protection, and is supported for Win32 OS. Automatically enabling Chromium sandbox.
  log   [17:57:13.448] [warning][encryptedSavedObjects][plugins] Saved objects encryption key is not set. This will severely limit Kibana functionality. Please set xpack.encryptedSavedObjects.encryptionKey in the kibana.yml or use the bin/kibana-encryption-keys command.
  log   [17:57:13.598] [warning][actions][actions][plugins] APIs are disabled because the Encrypted Saved Objects plugin is missing encryption key. Please set xpack.encryptedSavedObjects.encryptionKey in the kibana.yml or use the bin/kibana-encryption-keys command.
  log   [17:57:13.612] [warning][alerting][alerting][plugins][plugins] APIs are disabled because the Encrypted Saved Objects plugin is missing encryption key. Please set xpack.encryptedSavedObjects.encryptionKey in the kibana.yml or use the bin/kibana-encryption-keys command.

These are pretty easy to understand, just put an encryption key where it's telling me to. The docs even say to use An arbitrary string of 32 characters or more

The problem I'm having is that it's saying to use the bin/kibana-encryption-keys command. Where is this file? It's certainly not in the bin folder. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @KSib - Thanks for reporting this problem. The script is missing in the Windows package. I opened bin/kibana-encryption-keys.bat is missing in the Windows package to track this. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.