Kibana 7.16.2 - fields array empty for saved_object api call

I've used the saved_objects api in previous versions of Kibana to retrieve the array of fields associated with each index pattern. I use the following api call: /api/saved_objects/_find?type=index-pattern. This returns a saved_objects array for each index pattern. In previous versions of Kiabna, I could get the list of fields for a given index by looking at repsonse.saved_objects[0].attributes.fields. However, with Kibana 7.16.2, the fields array is empty. What api call do I need to use to get a list of fields associated with a Kibana index pattern?

Anybody have any suggestions on this? I'm beginning to think there's a bug in Kibana 7.16.2 where it's not pulling back the fields for each index pattern like it should.

Hello @ssimmons

This is when the fields were removed from the saved object - https://github.com/elastic/kibana/pull/82223

You could consider using the index pattern api Get index pattern API | Kibana Guide [7.17] | Elastic or the ES field caps api - Field capabilities API | Elasticsearch Guide [7.17] | Elastic - depending upon your needs.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I'll see if I can make one of those calls work.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.