Kibana 7.3 date_nanos discover view surrounding documents broken

On Discover page, when I click view surrounding documents, I am getting lengthy error and not seeing any surrounding documents. It started happening when I changed my time field to date_nanos in kibana 7.3. please let me know if I am doing anything wrong.

Request to Elasticsearch failed: {"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Failed to parse search_after value for field SourceTime."},{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Failed to parse search_after value for field SourceTime."},{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Failed to parse search_after value for field SourceTime."},{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Failed to parse search_after value for field SourceTime."}],"type":"search_phase_execution_exception","reason":"all shards failed","phase":"query","grouped":true,"failed_shards":[{"shard":0,"index":"someindex.controllers-000001","node":"cRSDEuywTT-6J9sR39_cMQ","reason":{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Failed to parse search_after value for field SourceTime.","caused_by":{"type":"number_format_exception","reason":"For input string: "1568187806791825-07""}}},{"shard":0,"index":"someindex.hb-000001","node":"cRSDEuywTT-6J9sR39_cMQ","reason":{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Failed to parse search_after value for field SourceTime.","caused_by":{"type":"number_format_exception","reason":"For input string: "1568187806791825-07""}}},{"shard":0,"index":"someindex.rcp-000001","node":"cRSDEuywTT-6J9sR39_cMQ","reason":{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Failed to parse search_after value for field SourceTime.","caused_by":{"type":"number_format_exception","reason":"For input string: "1568187806791825-07""}}},{"shard":0,"index":"someindex.vs-000001","node":"cRSDEuywTT-6J9sR39_cMQ","reason":

HI
Are you getting the same exception when you try it on 7.3.1 as well. There were a bunch of issues fixed around date_nanos.

Thanks
Rashmi

Rashmi,
sorry, I stopped at minor version. 7.3.1 is actually what we are running. The time format is produced by c# code, so it should be very consistent. It's in the format "2019-09-11T09:15:33.201615-07:00"

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.