Kibana 7.8 can't start but Elastic 7.8 was running normally

I have issue which my Kibana 7.8 cant start.
My Kibana connect to Elastic 7.8, elastic was running normally.

The Elastic Output:
{
"name" : "DEVGRAFANA",
"cluster_name" : "elasticsearch",
"cluster_uuid" : "eQ8SrmsGSU2r9aipVD_mKQ",
"version" : {
"number" : "7.8.0",
"build_flavor" : "oss",
"build_type" : "tar",
"build_hash" : "757314695644ea9a1dc2fecd26d1a43856725e65",
"build_date" : "2020-06-14T19:35:50.234439Z",
"build_snapshot" : false,
"lucene_version" : "8.5.1",
"minimum_wire_compatibility_version" : "6.8.0",
"minimum_index_compatibility_version" : "6.0.0-beta1"
},
"tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
}

This is Kibana Error log:

log [10:52:46.773] [fatal][root] { Error: [mapper_parsing_exception] No handler for type [flattened] declared on field [state]
at respond (/home/bcamaster/elg/kibana-7.8.0-linux-x86_64/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:349:15)
at checkRespForFailure (/home/bcamaster/elg/kibana-7.8.0-linux-x86_64/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:306:7)
at HttpConnector. (/home/bcamaster/elg/kibana-7.8.0-linux-x86_64/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/connectors/http.js:173:7)
at IncomingMessage.wrapper (/home/bcamaster/elg/kibana-7.8.0-linux-x86_64/node_modules/elasticsearch/node_modules/lodash/lodash.js:4929:19)
at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:203:15)
at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1145:12)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)
displayName: 'BadRequest',
'[mapper_parsing_exception] No handler for type [flattened] declared on field [state]',
path: '/.kibana_1',
query: {},
body:
{ error:
{ root_cause: [Array],
type: 'mapper_parsing_exception',
reason:
'Failed to parse mapping [_doc]: No handler for type [flattened] declared on field [state]',
caused_by: [Object] },
statusCode: 400,
response:
'{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"mapper_parsing_exception","reason":"No handler for type [flattened] declared on field [state]"}],"type":"mapper_parsing_exception","reason":"Failed to parse mapping [_doc]: No handler for type [flattened] declared on field [state]","caused_by":{"type":"mapper_parsing_exception","reason":"No handler for type [flattened] declared on field [state]"}},"status":400}',

Anyone can help me? Because I'm frustrated about this.
I haven't issue with the lower version Kibana and Elastic.

It looks like you are trying to run the OSS distribution of Elasticsearch ("build_flavor" : "oss",) together with the regular distribution of Kibana.

The regular distribution contains all of the OSS features along with some additional features (like the flattened data type). As the Kibana of the regular distribution is expecting these additional features, it's not possible to just run Elasticsearch with only the OSS feature set.

To resolve this, either use the OSS distribution or the regular distribution for both Kibana and Elasticsearch.

In most cases the regular distribution is what you want, because it contains additional free to use features. You can download the appropriate Elasticsearch version here: https://www.elastic.co/downloads/past-releases/elasticsearch-7-8-0

1 Like

Hai Flash,

Thank you so much...
Now, My elasticsearch is running well..

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.