Kibana Alerting : Need to include the hit count

Hi All,

I am configuring a Alert in Kibana. So in the alert, i need to add one more field for the count of errors. PFB the current Kibana message configured. I need to add the count of errors also in this. When i tried to use ** {{ctx.results[0].hits.total}} ** this, it is not showing the preview, also it was not triggering.
Can anyone help me correct this.

> Monitor {{ctx.monitor.name}} just entered alert status. Please investigate the issue.
> - Trigger: {{ctx.trigger.name}}
> - Severity: {{ctx.trigger.severity}}
> - Period start: {{ctx.periodStart}}
> - Period end: {{ctx.periodEnd}}

Why do you use {{ctx.results[0].hits.total}} rather than {{ctx.payload.hits.total}} ?

Hi,

i tried triggering the alert with {{ctx}}, to see the available values. But i couldnt find the payload in the list.

Hi, I think you are using OpenDistro, and there is probably a dedicated forum for that.

Hi @naveen_wilson ,
As Tim noted, looking at your configuration it looks like you're not in fact using Kibana's Alerting framework, but rather Amazon's OpenDistro for Elasticsearch.
This is not the Elastic distribution of Kibana, but rather an Amazon specific product (see the differences here). We unfortunately cannot offer support for Amazon's distribution, so you may have better luck asking in their forums.

It's also worth noting that we do have an alerting feature as part of our distribution as well, which we are happy to offer support for: https://www.elastic.co/what-is/kibana-alerting

2 Likes

@gmmorris, @tsullivan Thank you for the replies.

Can you tell me is there anyway to confirm whether i am using open distro or Elastic distribution of Kibana. can i see it in Kibana?
Please see the below link

we are actually using this in our project. I dont know that much about the underlaying Tech but still i have a strong feeling that we are not using Amazon's OpenDistro for Elasticsearch.
We are using Kibana 6.7.1.
Please let me know your thoughts!

Where did you download Elasticsearch from?

We dont have access to Elastic Search. This is like a bundle and managed by the Cloud Support team that is SAP Support. We only have access to Kibana.

As per screenshots it's the Basic version of Kibana
Can you share a screenshot on how you create the alert in Kibana ? I'm not sure you use the alerting framework of Kibana, may be you use a custom plugin for alerting like ElastAlert or something else

This is openDistro

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.