Kibana and elasticsearch not setup on the same vm trouble(version:7.6)

I have two VMs to setup the kibana and the elasticsearch, one of them as elasticsearch server, another one setup the kibana, and both them running in the docker, but I meeting a error for the kibana server, the error log is:
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-04-29T13:30:07Z","tags":["warning","plugins","licensing"],"pid":6,"message":"License information could not be obta
ined from Elasticsearch due to Error: Request Timeout after 30000ms error"}

if I setup the elasticsearch and the kibana on the same VM, the kibana is normal, my kibana config file as follow:

server.host: "0.0.0.0"
elasticsearch.hosts: ["http://176.122.109.46:9200"]
elasticsearch.username: "admin"
elasticsearch.password: "admin1234"
server.name: "elasticsearch"

what can I change my kibana config to support access another elasticsearch server?

Hi @loxiaopohaiol ,

It feels like a pure docker misconfiguration to me. Have you checked that you properly exposed ports from your container? Have you tried to enter Kibana container and ping the Elasticsearch from there?

Best,
Oleg

Hi,@ azasypkin
I have a test in the kibana container, it can't ping another sever(elasticsearch), I think is the docker network setting error for the kibana container, thank you very much, I will change my kibana docker network setting.

Hi,
I change my docker run with --network-host, the kibana container is running normal, thanks for your advices.

Thanks for the update, glad you've figured it out :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.