Kibana AVG last hour

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a line chart that shows the average of field1(number field) in the last hour but showing an interval in minutes from field2 (date field), when I try to do with "Date Histogram", field2, interval minutes and using a search of the last 60 minutes it gives me this war:
imagen

Then I think it's because it would have 60 buckets and they don't fit, i tried to make a custom interval of 30m for example, and same war apear. It doesn't have any sense for me, I understand if I have a search of the last 60 min, and make a custom interval of 30 minutes like this:
imagen
it should work right?

I want something like this:

But X-Axis every minute in the last hour, or 5 min interval and I'm giving up :frowning:

I have attempted to make this work locally and have not had any luck locally. What are you trying to use this visualization for? Seems like moving average with 1 minute buckets might give you what you are looking for.

Ye, I tried to do so, but it didn't work like my boss wanted :confused:. Anyway today after few hours we found the problem. When we creat the index on kibana, we select time filter (@timestamp), and that filter works over ALL the others, so finally we decided to creat them without time filter and everything works now with this conf:

Thank for your reply!

BTW, ELK it's and amazing tool. Keep the good work!

Glad you got things working and glad you like the stack.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.