Kibana dashboard - drill down to dashboard into new tab - want to keep embed=true

Hi there

In one of my spaces, I have a dashboard which is opened from a canvas link which includes the embed=true parameter to prevent the elastic top menu showing. If I create a drilldown to another dashboard from this one in a new tab I want to propagate the current filters selections and also the embed option so that also doesnt show the elastic banner or the search bar.

It does seem to work when opening the drilldown within the same browser window?

Is this possible

Many thanks in Advance
Peter

Hi @longtake,

Which version of Kibana are you using? This isn't something I've tried myself, but having a look at this related issue I believe this should be doable from 7.17 and 8.x as they talk about testing transferring of state.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the reply.. im on version 8.x .. it seems that the state for most things like filters is maintained .. however the the "embed" state doesnt seem to be so that when i drill down into new tab I get the search bar, the top menu all showing and I dont want to show our users any of those ?

the thing i really need to hide is the Query search box to prevent users entering/modifying queries. Ive even looked in space parameters, roles, advanced settings to find an option to hist the query search box in dashboards to no avail

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.