Kibana deprecated scripted fields

Hi,
My current setup uses scripted fields for the node name in the Metricbeat index. The goal is to be able to open a specific monitoring dashboard for that VM. As I see, this was deprecated from 7.13, but I'm not sure if there's a way to achieve the same after 8.0 (specifically 8.6).

Can I set up anything in Kibana 8.X to be able to click on a node's hostname and open up a specific dashboard that already filters for that node?
Thank you!

Have you taken a look at runtime fields? This I believe is the intended replacement for scripted fields.

1 Like

Yes, but as far as I got in the docs, I didn't see any mention of URL links that are only for the sake of Kibana navigation.

When adding a runtime field, you should be able to select the format of the field. If the field you're adding is a keyword, you should be able to select the URL format:

Thank you!
As I'm upgrading from 7.9, I'll need to check this when I first upgraded to 7.17.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.