Kibana Dev tool history wiped out

Hello, i had many commands in dev tool. I cleared firefox cookies and cache and now entire history for DEV tool is wiped out. Is it possible to recover it ?

Any help really appreciate.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to restore that information, it's only ever written to localstorage, which lives exclusively in your browser. It's not in Elasticsearch or Kibana anywhere, so if you don't have it in your browser any longer, it's gone for good. :cry:

Humm Thanks Joe.

I should mention, you're welcome to open an issue in the Kibana issue tracker about a more permanent solution to persisting that history.

I know in the past we've talked about possibly adding a history save/load functionality, but there were some concerns about permissions and we ended up not adding that. That's still a concern, but there's some stuff in place and being worked on that would help with that issue, and it could be useful to have an actual issue to track such a feature.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.