Kibana development with static type system

(Jacob Brandt) #1

This topic is meant to discuss what are the future plans for development in Kibana. I was wondering if the team has considered writing Kibana in latest Angular framework or perhaps something else entirely. I believe React was brought up by a team member once? One thing I would really like to see is Kibana written using a static type system. The wild west that is JavaScript rears it's ugly head at times when looking through the code base which happens to all JavaScript projects.

(Spencer Alger) #2

We're actively developing components in react, and have ruled out angular 2 for now, but we are working to re-architect Kibana a bit so we can have better isolation between parts of Kibana so we can experiment with things like Angular 2 (or some of the concepts behind it, like Typescript). We've also been doing some experimenting with Typescript in the context of this new platform https://github.com/elastic/kibana/pull/11468

(Jacob Brandt) #3

This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. It's good to see the team putting effort into this.
Thank you.

(system) #4

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.