Kibana development with static type system

This topic is meant to discuss what are the future plans for development in Kibana. I was wondering if the team has considered writing Kibana in latest Angular framework or perhaps something else entirely. I believe React was brought up by a team member once? One thing I would really like to see is Kibana written using a static type system. The wild west that is JavaScript rears it's ugly head at times when looking through the code base which happens to all JavaScript projects.

We're actively developing components in react, and have ruled out angular 2 for now, but we are working to re-architect Kibana a bit so we can have better isolation between parts of Kibana so we can experiment with things like Angular 2 (or some of the concepts behind it, like Typescript). We've also been doing some experimenting with Typescript in the context of this new platform https://github.com/elastic/kibana/pull/11468

This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. It's good to see the team putting effort into this.
Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.