Kibana error for theme validation

I just noticed that my kibana log is full of 'failed validation' errors... like zillions of them:

log   [11:21:26.836] [warning][ui-settings-service] Ignore invalid UiSettings value. Error: [validation [theme:version]]: types that failed validation:
- [validation [theme:version].0]: expected value to equal [v7]
- [validation [theme:version].1]: expected value to equal [v8].
  log   [11:21:36.626] [warning][ui-settings-service] Ignore invalid UiSettings value. Error: [validation [theme:version]]: types that failed validation:
  log   [11:21:46.629] [warning][ui-settings-service] Ignore invalid UiSettings value. Error: [validation [theme:version]]: types that failed validation:
  log   [11:21:56.632] [warning][ui-settings-service] Ignore invalid UiSettings value. Error: [validation [theme:version]]: types that failed validation:
  log   [11:22:06.634] [warning][ui-settings-service] Ignore invalid UiSettings value. Error: [validation [theme:version]]: types that failed validation:
  log   [11:22:16.637] [warning][ui-settings-service] Ignore invalid UiSettings value. Error: [validation [theme:version]]: types that failed validation:

I don't know when they started, I only noticed them when I launched kibana interactively to test some timeout changes.

I don't have any theme settings in my kibana.yml, and if I use the Kibana dashboards Stack Management:Advanced Settings page and filter for the word 'theme' I see that hte 'dark mode' toggle is 'on' and the "theme:version: dropdown is set to 'v8' (and the only options in that dropdown are v7 and v8).

The only thing I could think of was to change those two settings (light & v7), saved, let it refresh for awhile, then set them back (dark & v8).

That seems to have done the trick and the log spew stopped - but perhaps a more actionable message or some 'self-healing' in the code would be better.

Hi there,
thank you so much for raising it. I went through our open issues and couldn't find anything related to it, but I'll keep an eye on it. If the problem occurs again, please reach out.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.