Kibana failed while upgrading

Hi guys,

I started an update and upgrade commands on my Ubuntu machine with Elastic Stack and it upgraded Elasticsearch and Logstash succesfully but it failed while updating Kibana and asked me some question if I wnad to follow default option or so and I agreed.

Now when I want to access Kibana it says "Kibana server is not ready yet" and elasticsearch failed to start with following message:

root@bak2:~# systemctl status elasticsearch.service
● elasticsearch.service - Elasticsearch
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/elasticsearch.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2019-10-24 14:46:20 UTC; 8min ago
 Docs: http://www.elastic.co
  Process: 2428 ExecStart=/usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch -p ${PID_DIR}/elasticsearch.pid --quiet (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 2428 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Oct 24 14:46:03 bak2 systemd[1]: Starting Elasticsearch...
Oct 24 14:46:08 bak2 elasticsearch[2428]: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Option UseConcMarkSweepGC was deprecated in version 9.0 and will likely be remo
Oct 24 14:46:20 bak2 systemd[1]: elasticsearch.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Oct 24 14:46:20 bak2 systemd[1]: elasticsearch.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Oct 24 14:46:20 bak2 systemd[1]: Failed to start Elasticsearch.

How can I get back or upgrade Kibana to 7.4 version. I was using 7.3

Hey @Vladpov

i had the same issue this week and after i enabled the kibana logs in kibana.yml, i was able to see that at startup it was trying to migrate the kibana version with the index ".kibana_task_manager_1" and ".kibana_task_manager_2" (not 100% sure about the name, already removed the logs) just enable logs and you should see it as error.

after i removed the indices and restarted, then it was working again.

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.