Kibana fails to create kibana.pid in /var/run

Hi,

I am a beginner with ELK and since I've updated my Ubuntu 20.04, I have the following problem:
When I want to start kibana it fails and when I check the logs it says "[Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/run/kibana/kibana.pid']". So I checked in /var/run if the file was there and it wasn't. I created a kibana directory and restarted kibana.service. Kibana was working but the problem is that I have to create that same directory every time I reboot.

I already tried to solve the problem according to that topic: When restarting my machine Kibana pid file is removed automatically, but removing 'pid.file' in kibana.yml didn't change anything.

Thank you.

@m-b79 what is the version of Kibana you are using? How have you installed it?

Cheers

Hi tiago, thanks for answering, here is my current version of kibana :

"version" : {
"number" : "7.11.2",

I've installed it by following the steps at 'Install Kibana with Debian package | Kibana Guide [7.12] | Elastic'

For now I use a shell script to create the kibana directory in '/var/run' automatically at startup. It works with the following script :

#!/bin/bash

cd /var/run
sudo mkdir kibana
sudo chmod 774 kibana

But without this script kibana is unable to create the kibana.pid file at startup.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.