Kibana Graph

Hi,
For generating Graph in kibana, i have a dataset of with columns like Application Number, Action Taken, Phone Number......
There will be multiple phone numbers for many Application Numbers, like that many variables are available. I have indexed the dataset in kibana,
To visualize that may i know whether data need any other preparation.
Because when is load in graph and select Application Number and Phone Number i am getting

rror 400 Bad Request: Fielddata is disabled on text fields by default. Set fielddata=true on [AppKey_1] in order to load fielddata in memory by uninverting the inverted index.

May i know how to prepare the data for graph
Thanks
Prem

You are trying to work on fields, that have been indexed as text. You cannot do the required aggregations (terms, significant terms) on those fields, that Graph needs to do. Usually you would want to index those fields (additionally) as a keyword field. That enabled graph to do the required aggregations on it. See also the documentation of the keyword type in Elasticsearch.

Cheers,
Tim

ok, i have indexed as keyword, error disappears, but nothing appearing in network for any variable, may i know why i that please,
Thanks
Prem

Thats fine, i have got it, Thanks

Hi, May i know whether can we add a kibana graph in the dashboard, Thanks Prem

Hi,

unfortunately you currently cannot add a Graph to the Dashboard for now. You can follow https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/18499 for updates on that topic.

Cheers,
Tim

Thanks, is it possible to share the kibana graph, if so may i know how please, I have copied the link, but whether the user require kibana to open, Thanks Prem

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.