Kibana homepage only shows status bar

Hi ,
I'm new to ELK stack, Just please ignore me if it was a silly question for you. I'm trying to install kibana on my server .When i connect to the homepage of server it only shows status bar and i couldn't see anything else like discover, dashboard and settings etc. Installed kibana 4.4 with my elasticsearch 2.4.6. . I had installed many versions many time but every time it was the same issue , and i really have no clue what's happening with my homepage. Could anyone please help me out.

For kibana insatllation I followed these steps from below link
[Getting Kibana Up and Running | Kibana User Guide [4.4] | Elastic](http://kibana 4.4)

Started kibana

sudo bin/kibana
log [14:47:21.440] [info][status][plugin:kibana] Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready
log [14:47:21.469] [info][status][plugin:elasticsearch] Status changed from uninitialized to yellow - Waiting for Elasticsearch
log [14:47:21.482] [info][status][plugin:kbn_vislib_vis_types] Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready
log [14:47:21.490] [error][status][plugin:elasticsearch] Status changed from yellow to red - Service Unavailable
log [14:47:21.491] [info][status][plugin:markdown_vis] Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready
log [14:47:21.493] [info][status][plugin:metric_vis] Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready
log [14:47:21.497] [info][status][plugin:spyModes] Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready
log [14:47:21.499] [info][status][plugin:statusPage] Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready
log [14:47:21.502] [info][status][plugin:table_vis] Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready
log [14:47:21.507] [info][listening] Server running at http://x.x.x.:5601

My homepage looks like this:

It looks like Elasticsearch is either not up (check your ES logs) or not accessible from the machine Kibana is running on.

Thanks for the reply, the problem is that my elasticsearch and kibana are not connected properly.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.