Kibana Interface

Hi ,
i need help plz, i just installed kibana and i can not find the field Time-field name on the interface §
Any suggestions ?

Are you just getting started with Kibana and Elasticsearch? If so, you picked a very old version of Kibana to start with. That looks like version 4.x (hopefully at least 4.6.6). If you are just getting started you should really start with a more recent version like 6.1.

But in any case, it's looking like you don't have any logstash data in your Elasticsearch cluster. Are you running logstash?

If you open your terminal you can run this command to see what data is in your Elasticsearch cluster;

curl http://localhost:9200/_cat/indices?v

Does that show a line like this?

health status index                             uuid                   pri rep docs.count docs.deleted store.size pri.store.size
yellow open   logstash-2018.01.26               qnLhfcpCS6maPlvl_PBuHQ   5   1         13            0     67.8kb         67.8kb

Hi ,
Thank you for your quick answer !

Yes im just getting started with kibana and Elasticsearch and i have version 4.5.4
There is a result of the command :
health status index pri rep docs.count docs.deleted store.size pri.store.size
yellow open .kibana 1 1 1 0 3.5kb 3.5kb
yellow open movies 5 1 7 0 26.9kb 26.9kb

I think i will pick a newest version of kibana and reinstall it and i will came back if have any question .

Thank you so much

You could create an index pattern for your movies data and use it as an initial step. Just change that logstash* to movies and you could look at your 7 docs.

(But I really recommend the latest release. Lots of great new features!)

I will ,
Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.