Kibana, Logstash - Couldn't find any Elasticsearch data

Kibana on the control tab appears an inscription "Couldn't find any Elasticsearch data".

I decided to see if I have any templates at all on what to give out to me the following:
health status index uuid pri rep docs.count docs.deleted store.size pri.store.size

Although it should be like this:

health status index       uuid                   pri rep docs.count docs.deleted store.size pri.store.size
green  open   logstash-0  4fOMSVMoQ3S0ZNpb73WjDA   1   0      14005            0       56mb           56mb
green  open   .kibana     Zd2muayFR7SlPBGq1f6ShQ   1   0          3            1     26.2kb         26.2kb
yellow open   shakespeare LmuYM18vTN6SOJU8mw20Pg   5   1     111396            0     21.2mb         21.2mb

The installation of Logstash, Kibana, Elasticsearch was performed on Ubuntu 16.04.

Installation performed as it was said here, here and there.

What could be the problem and how to set the template index logstash-0?

Can you do a "GET _cat/indices" in the Dev Tools console inside Kibana?

Gives an error message

{
  "error": "Incorrect HTTP method for uri [/_cat] and method [POST], allowed: [GET]",
  "status": 405
}

You need to a GET request, not a POST request, like this:
curl -XGET "http://localhost:9200/_cat/indices"
where localhost:9200 is the address and port for your Elasticsearch instance.

Hi
I have the same problem and when I get indices I get this.

yellow open logstash-2015.05.20 5hrI0PMvS3qh6RZUqg7Yng 5 1 0 0 1.2kb 1.2kb
yellow open logstash-2015.05.19 70ADDXtcQouCgsaK73EN-g 5 1 0 0 1.2kb 1.2kb
yellow open shakespeare -sZuMTVeRiSoCRIKSb-n2g 5 1 0 0 1.2kb 1.2kb
yellow open logstash-2015.05.18 Iel3IM17T7-bQqvOVe9ERw 5 1 0 0 1.2kb 1.2kb

1 Like

Can anyone suggest what to do?

Hi,
I have the same problem too. Reading some guides over internet it seems we're unable to create any indexes until any kind of data will arrive. Is that true?

I'm going to configure logstash for syslog incoming (some network devices)

Thanks,

Yes that is true, but I have data and don't know where is problem. There is so much to setup before this starts to work and coding isn't my field. This should be more plugin solved not coding.

1 Like

Ok, thanks. Have you ever experience with syslog? It seems logstash won't open UDP socket 514 on my machine

I give up on this crap, it is way to hard to setup anything to work even on basic logs. I will delete kibana and elasticsearch and install splunk which is more intiutive and much easier to setup.
You have some samples about version 5 how to install and setup but on 6 almost nothing, and all what it is you can use it only if you have alot of previous knowledge of kibana, elasticsearch...

It appears the issue might have had something to do with the number of hidden system indexes in Elasticsearch (.monitoring-, .watch-). Or a combination of those hidden system and query Kibana issues to get those indexes (perhaps it pagination limit).

What I did was remove some/all older indexes - which resulted in the Kibana query to get the indexes actually returning non-system indexes in the first page (and properly displaying them).

HTH

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.