Unable to create Kibana index ".kibana"

Hello,
I just Installed the ELK stack and was following the documentation. I loaded elasticsearch with some sample data provided in the docs. However, whenever I try to access Kibana, I get a RED status saying: Unable to create Kibana index ".kibana" . I can't access anything in the Kibana web Interface although the elasticsearch is working fine. Please help!

Here is the output of curl -XGET 'localhost:9200/_cat/indices?v&pretty'

health status index               uuid                   pri rep docs.count docs.deleted store.size pri.store.size
yellow open   shakespeare         XddKi1NxQSSCB6QnVWrNjw   5   1          0            0      1.2kb          1.2kb
yellow open   logstash-2015.05.19 3RX7J15VSnmRyUYRDCI3wQ   5   1          0            0      1.2kb          1.2kb
yellow open   logstash-2015.05.18 f4Z_32gPRDe0fbMuFvjEqg   5   1          0            0      1.2kb          1.2kb
yellow open   customer            SwvPyZluT5-0zMPNY5ko3g   5   1          0            0      1.2kb          1.2kb
yellow open   bank                kM-CTLAaQXmsOaf0Zd87lA   5   1       1000            0    483.4kb        483.4kb

Are you running with X-Pack installed or just the open-source version?

I downloaded the .deb file from here and thats what I am running. I haven't installed X-pack.

Can you provide the Kibana logs?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.