"dest": {
    "index": "new_index_pattern-2018-03"
  },
  "script": {
  "source": "ctx._id = ctx._source.id; ctx._type = 'metric'",
  "lang": "painless"
  }
}

but it never gets saved in the History section. All of my other requests do. I'm not sure why.

Any thoughts?

Per documentation, Console maintains a list of the last 500 requests that were successfully executed by Elasticsearch. The history is available by clicking the clock icon on the top right side of the window.

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/history.html

Hope this helps ?

Cheers
Rashmi

That's what I mean. When I open History I can see everything in there except for this request type.

huh surprising! I just copy pasted your request in my console and it persisted. Which version are you on ?

Thanks
Rashmi

6.0.1 using the AWS Elasticsearch service (so I can't upgrade to the latest)

If I wait for a while, it actually returns Request failed to get to the server (status code: 504), even though it is definitely working.

Am not sure if AWS changed any of their internal APIs. It sounds like probably the reindex takes a long time and it's only added after a successful request. This sounds like a bug to me..
Can you please open a bug in Dev tools and label it traige needed, we will investigate further.

Thanks
Rashmi

Will do. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.