Kibana Plugin Install Optimizer never completes on Docker

Am trying to install a plugin on my Docker image on an EC2. The plugin install step never finishes and stays on the optimizer step forever. Any notions on what am I doing wrong?

FROM artifactory.galaxy.com/root/kibana:6.3.0
MAINTAINER Abbot Hayes
USER root
RUN curl -o logtrail.zip https://artifactory.galaxy.com/artifactory/apps/logtrail-6.3.0-0.1.29.zip
ENV AWS_REGION=$AWS_DEFAULT_REGION
COPY kibana.yml /usr/share/kibana/config/kibana.yml
RUN echo "## The Plugin Environment Type : $CLICK2PLAY_PLUGIN_ENV_TYPE"
RUN echo "## The Plugin default Region   : $AWS_DEFAULT_REGION"
RUN mkdir /var/log/myapp/
RUN mkdir /var/log/myapp/myfolder/
RUN chown -R kibana:kibana /var/log/myapp/
RUN chown -R kibana:kibana /var/log/myapp/myfolder/
USER kibana
RUN ./bin/kibana-plugin install file://${PWD}/logtrail.zip
RUN echo "DONE!!!!"

Install remains at this stage with zero movement beyond. "DONE" never gets console'd :

Step 14/15 : RUN ./bin/kibana-plugin install file://${PWD}/logtrail.zip
 ---> Running in 33dc414fb962
Attempting to transfer from file:///usr/share/kibana/logtrail.zip
Transferring 1353131 bytes....................
Transfer complete
Retrieving metadata from plugin archive
Extracting plugin archive
Extraction complete
Optimizing and caching browser bundles...

Hello,

Bear with with me as I'm not familiar with this specific plugin, but I was unable to confirm it at the location you provided. On the chance that there's something wrong with the file you're retrieving, would it be worth curling it from the github source releases? https://github.com/sivasamyk/logtrail/releases

Regards,
Aaron

Hi @Aaron_Caldwell I spent a lot of time looking at this. It doesnt look like the problem is with a specific plugin.
I believe the problem is happening because of this line in kibana.yml. If i comment out this line - things work perfectly. In my Dockerfile above - I have made adjustments to allow permissions to write to this. But that didn't work

logging.dest: /var/log/myapp/kibana/kibana.log

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.