Kibana Report Error: Failed to decrypt report job data

Hi there,

I am facing following error each time I want to generate a CSV Report from Kibana Discover Module.

Either immediately or after some time (like 30 seconds or so) I see following Error:

Error: Failed to decrypt report job data. Please ensure that xpack.reporting.encryptionKey is set and re-generate this report. Error: Unsupported state or unable to authenticate data

I am running kibana 7.6.2 on openshift. I have used the elastic helm chart for deploying that and I have set following configuration lines in my kibana.yaml

xpack.reporting.encryptionKey: ${KIBANA_ENCRYPTION_KEY}
xpack.reporting.csv.maxSizeBytes: 104857600

KIBANA_ENCRYPTION_KEY is mounted as secret into the container

I am thankful for any hint

thanks.

I'm not really confident the encryption_key can be used with Openshift secrets. Do they work the same as environment variables? if they don't, i doubt it would work like that. The suggested method if you want it as a secure setting is to use the kibana-keystore.

Yes this works actually for example for the password of the kibana user.

In the deployed container one can check the ../config/kibana.yaml file and you can acutally see the passwords in clear text there so they are resolved correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.