Kibana server is not ready after upgrading to 7.10

Hello,

We seem to constantly have issues when attempting to upgrade. This time, after the upgrade is complete and the server has rebooted, we simply get a kibana is not ready message.

Can someone provide any information on settings from 7.9 to 7.10 that would have changed and cause this issue?

Thank you,

Patrick

I'm not aware of any issues that prevent upgrade. What is the error you are seeing?

The service appears to be running correctly but I only see the message I mentioned. Usually this goes away after a few moments.

There doesn’t appear to be a log folder. Where would I see the logs for Kibana?

It depends on how you're running Kibana, but logs are by default sent to stdout. There will very likely be errors in the logs that will tell you what's happening.

I found these messages. Any idea what’s going on here?

Nov 19 11:49:24 elasticsearch kibana: {"type":"log","@timestamp":"2020-11-19T19:49:24Z","tags":["warning","savedobjects-service"],"pid":790,"message":"Another Kibana instance appears to be migrating the index. Waiting for that migration to complete. If no other Kibana instance is attempting migrations, you can get past this message by deleting index .kibana_task_manager_3 and restarting Kibana."}

Nov 19 11:49:24 elasticsearch kibana: {"type":"log","@timestamp":"2020-11-19T19:49:24Z","tags":["warning","savedobjects-service"],"pid":790,"message":"Another Kibana instance appears to be migrating the index. Waiting for that migration to complete. If no other Kibana instance is attempting migrations, you can get past this message by deleting index .kibana_7 and restarting Kibana."}

Yeah, take a look at the section about migrations

I found the issue. I had to delete two indexes that appear to have been caused by the upgrade and needed to be deleted.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.