Kibana Space unable to access Observability functions

Elasticsearch and Kibana 7.17
Support Team,

I'm looking to provide access to some of our users via a Space we'll call "autos". All I need this space to do is provide access to two different indices, logs--auto- and logs---auto-*, and also be able to view all features in the Analytics and Observability sections of Kibana. Right now I've been able to provide access to the Analytics section but when I go to Observability I get the error message, "Contact your administrator. This integration is not yet enabled. Your administrator has the required permissions to turn it on." I do not get this error message for Analytics.

Users are accessing Kibana with SAML if that changes anything but it seems like theres something wrong with my privileges somewhere. Overall, I want users to be able to see their data but not make any changes to it so read access seems appropriate.

GET _security/role/autos-testing
{
"autos-testing" : {
"cluster" : ,
"indices" : [
{
"names" : [
logs--auto-,
logs---auto-*
],
"privileges" : [
"read",
"view_index_metadata"
],
"field_security" : {
"grant" : [
"*"
],
"except" :
},
"allow_restricted_indices" : false
}
],
"applications" : [
{
"application" : "kibana-.kibana",
"privileges" : [
"feature_discover.read",
"feature_dashboard.read",
"feature_canvas.read",
"feature_maps.read",
"feature_ml.read",
"feature_graph.read",
"feature_visualize.minimal_read",
"feature_visualize.url_create",
"feature_logs.read",
"feature_infrastructure.read",
"feature_apm.read",
"feature_uptime.read",
"feature_observabilityCases.read",
"feature_indexPatterns.read"
],
"resources" : [
"space:dmv"
]
}
],
"run_as" : ,
"metadata" : { },
"transient_metadata" : {
"enabled" : true
}
}
}

I figured it out. Observability doesn't automatically populate the specific indices delegated to it in the role. Within Observability you need to go to Observability --> Logs --> Settings in the upper right and update the index patterns/log indices for the data to be visible.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.