Kibana stuck on Elastic loading screen on Chrome

I updated Chrome and now I can log into Kibana, but right after it gets stuck on the "Loading Elastic" screen. Chrome console has these errors:

kibana#/discover:342 Refused to execute inline script because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'unsafe-eval' 'self'". Either the 'unsafe-inline' keyword, a hash ('sha256-P5polb1UreUSOe5V/Pv7tc+yeZuJXiOi/3fqhGsU7BE='), or a nonce ('nonce-...') is required to enable inline execution.
bootstrap.js:11 ^ A single error about an inline script not firing due to content security policy is expected!
kibana.bundle.js:2 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'call' of undefined
    at __webpack_require__ (kibana.bundle.js:2)
    at Object.1829 (kibana.bundle.js:2)
    at __webpack_require__ (kibana.bundle.js:2)
    at checkDeferredModules (kibana.bundle.js:2)
    at kibana.bundle.js:2
    at kibana.bundle.js:2

I thought it was something I did because over the last week I added security and then tried to add the network_vis plugin. So I have been messing around to try to get that working. First discover pane was blank and the maps tab wouldn't load and now the whole thing is gone.

I just discovered it works fine in Firefox, Kibana status is green, and there seem to be no errors in syslog. I'm running 7.8

Thanks,
Tam

Can you open Chrome in an incognito window and check if it loads ? ALso , Are you using some kind of proxy? This looks like a problem caused by something external.
What does the Kibana log state? Also what are the logs generated in Elasticsearch instance to which kibana is pointed to?

Thanks
Rashmi

Hey,

wow, yeah it works in incognito and in firefox, but not in regular chrome. There have been some organisational proxy changes, but I thought I had all the relevant ports open. What causes this type of thing?

Not sure where the kibana log is. The status is all green. syslog and elastic logs look OK.

Thank you!
Tam

Given that it works in tor it sounds like a network issue.Are there any errors shown in the browser's JavaScript console? Try opening the JS console in the browser and then refreshing the page. There may be a JavaScript error logged there.
Reading this: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/deb.html
I think that there should be a logs directory under /usr/share/kibana (default Kibana home).

GLad it works for you.

Thanks
Rashmi

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.