Kibana Visualization [Line Chart] How to Split By "Filters" and "Terms" in single visualization

Hi all,

I have a ES dataset containing a term uri_path, which can contain a mix of static strings and dynamic strings.
Ex:
Static values (i.e they don't contain dynamic parts in the path):

/api/user/
/api/profile/

Dynamic values (i.e these values contain dynamic parts in the path):

/api/users/<username>/info
/api/profiles/<profileId>/info

What I want to achieve is, to have a Line chart visualisation wherein, I can split lines by "Terms" (term being uri_path), but also group the dynamic values into single lines, like:

All `/api/users/<username>/info` values into a single line , 
All `/api/profiles/<profileId>/info` values into its own line etc.

Using "Filters" I can do the grouping, but then I lose the "Split By Terms" functionality which splits all values by unique uri_path values.

Any suggestions on how I can combine the functionalities of "split by terms" and "Split by Filters" in same visualisation. Or any other way this kind of visualisation can be achieved?

Appreciate any tips/suggestions I can get from the community.

Hi Kashif,
so if I understand correctly, you want to have 2 breakdown by dimensions? This is unfortunately impossible right now in Lens, but you can check out legacy Visualize Line chart. Would that work for you?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.