I have a CSV file with a field called
posted_at which takes date and time values, formatted like this: 01/01/2019 12:34:56.
I have been uploading this CSV to Kibana with the intention of creating visualisations, including a date histogram, but
posted_at is always given the "keyword" type, rather than the "date" type.
I have tried:
- Overriding the settings in the summary page before importing.
- Editing the mappings to give
posted_atthe "date" type before importing.
- Changing the date format under advanced settings after importing.
- Formatting the date differently in the original CSV and re-importing.
- Reading through previous similar threads and trying those solutions.
Nothing has worked -
posted_at is given the "keyword" type no matter what I try.
How can I rectify this? Is there a specific format I need to have in the CSV for the field to be recognised as a date?
Thanks in advance.