License expired

We are getting below License expired error from Elastic search logs. We are using the version 5.3.1. Please let us know what we should do to resolve this error?

Error:
[2021-03-16T12:24:04,454][WARN ][o.e.l.LicenseService     ] [elk-denmod-web] 
#
# LICENSE [EXPIRED] ON [SATURDAY, JANUARY 16, 2021]. IF YOU HAVE A NEW LICENSE, PLEASE UPDATE IT.
# OTHERWISE, PLEASE REACH OUT TO YOUR SUPPORT CONTACT.
# 
# COMMERCIAL PLUGINS OPERATING WITH REDUCED FUNCTIONALITY
# - security
#  - Cluster health, cluster stats and indices stats operations are blocked
#  - All data operations (read and write) continue to work
# - watcher
#  - PUT / GET watch APIs are disabled, DELETE watch API continues to work
#  - Watches execute and write to the history
#  - The actions of the watches don't execute
# - monitoring
#  - The agent will stop collecting cluster and indices metrics
#  - The agent will stop automatically cleaning indices older than [xpack.monitoring.history.duration]
# - graph
#  - Graph explore APIs are disabled

That is a very old version. As this was before X-Pack was bundled into the default distribution and a free license level made available I believe your options are to either uninstall the X-Pack plugin across the cluster or reach out to Elastic Sales in order to acquire a new, valid license.

I would warmly recommend upgrading though.

How to reach out to Elastic sales? or is there any trial license we can update?

I am not sure you can get a trial license for such an old version of Elasticsearch, but do not know for sure. You probably need to contact sales if you want to stay on that version. If you were to upgrade to a supported version you would be able to have some features available through the Basic license and also enable a full trial license through Kibana.

Agreed with Christian. As we already mentioned in December

You really need to upgrade your cluster IMO.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.