License not available

Hello,

I just updated from 7.10.2 to 7.11.1, however when we try to access kibana, we get back:

{"statusCode":503,"error":"Service Unavailable","message":"License is not available."}

We host the whole ELK stack on the same ubuntu machine.

Now i assume this is from elasticsearch as i look in the journalctl i see:

-- Logs begin at Wed 2021-01-27 07:02:01 CET. --
Mar 01 11:03:31 s-kibana-test systemd[1]: elasticsearch.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=9/KILL
Mar 01 11:03:31 s-kibana-test systemd[1]: elasticsearch.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
Mar 02 09:43:41 s-kibana-test systemd[1]: Starting Elasticsearch...
Mar 02 09:44:12 s-kibana-test systemd[1]: Started Elasticsearch.
Mar 02 09:52:40 s-kibana-test systemd[1]: elasticsearch.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=9/KILL
Mar 02 09:52:40 s-kibana-test systemd[1]: elasticsearch.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
Mar 02 10:10:13 s-kibana-test systemd[1]: Starting Elasticsearch...
Mar 02 10:10:43 s-kibana-test systemd[1]: Started Elasticsearch.
Mar 02 10:22:36 s-kibana-test systemd[1]: elasticsearch.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=9/KILL
Mar 02 10:22:36 s-kibana-test systemd[1]: elasticsearch.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

I only see startup information in the elasticsearch.log but it includes:

[2021-03-02T10:10:44,785][INFO ][o.e.x.s.s.SecurityStatusChangeListener] [s-kibana-test] Active license is now [BASIC]; Security is enabled

However it just keeps stopping again, i cant figure out what is wrong.

I just figured it out, Kibana cant get license from elasticsearch as that is away.
It seems elasticsearch is being killed due to out of memory.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.