License of GeoLite2 database

Hi to all,
I'm using ES 7.5.0 and the IP resolution of the IP 94.102.52.57 is wrong (see dev tools example below).
So I tried to update my geolite database but now it seems that it's not available for free download. Am I wrong? What am I supposed to do? Is it elastic going to use that database for future versions anyway?

POST _ingest/pipeline/_simulate
{
  "pipeline": {
    "processors": [
      {
        "geoip": {
          "field": "ip"
        }
      }
    ]
  },
  "docs": [
    {
      "_source": {
        "ip": "94.102.52.57"
      }
    }
  ]
}

It looks to me you can still download it for free, but need a user to login on the maxmind website (I followed the link the geoip processor in the elastic docs) - am I missing something?

The problem is you cannot create an account for free from what I see..

https://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/geoip2/geolite2/ does not indicate that signing up costs something, but I have not gone through the whole process, just followed the first link and checked out the form.

I could even register but the question is: is Elastic going to include the latest available database in their new releases of the Elastic stack? Or are the shipped Geolite files going to remain at the latest free version?

Any official reply to this?

Before the ticket is going to be closed automatically..?

I would expect them to stay with the latest free version as including software with license cost in a free product IMHO does not make sense.

That is not an official answer though...

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.