Logging not initialised properly after upgrade to 2.0

I'm currently testing out migrating to 2.0 from 1.7 but I keep receiving a notification saying

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (bootstrap).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
log4j:WARN See Apache log4j 1.2 - Frequently Asked Technical Questions for more info.

I'm running ES under Supervisor and the configuration parameters I was passing previously worked, and I can't see anything that would stop it from detecting my logging.yml in the breaking changes, so can anyone point out what's not correct?

ES is being invoked with the following command:

/usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch -Des.default.path.home=/usr/share/elasticsearch -Des.default.path.logs=/var/log/elasticsearch -Des.default.path.data=/var/lib/elasticsearch -Des.default.path.conf=/home/ubuntu/conf/es/

Hi can you please share the upgrade steps from 1.7 to 2.0 along with migration checklist

The blog detailed the release of 2.0.0 GA here: https://www.elastic.co/blog/elasticsearch-2-0-0-released
The first step would be to run the ES Migration plugin which details any problems you might have. Once everything checks out you should read over the breaking changes list

I resolved this eventually; the problem appears to be related to missing fields in logging.yml. I discovered this after diff-ing the one I had and the one that ships with the ES 2.0 deb package. The error presented in the logs was completely useless and I guess is part of the reason this issue exists. The error presented sent me off down a wrong path.

You can view the diff of the two files here (mine is on the right hand side).