Logs are not displayed in dashboards

Hello everyone !

I have a 3 node cluster (1 with kibana/elasticsearch and 2 with logstash/elasticsearch). On the client side I use Filebeat to send logs.

I have ugraded from 8.11 to 8.14.1 and my dashboards no longer display the logs and I don't know why.

If I go to the section Observability then Logs -> Stream, I can see all my incoming logs.

But if I go to the section Analytics -> Dashboards, my dashboards don't show my logs (Panel Log stream).

Does anyone have the same problem ?
Thanks in advance,

Have you tried editing the dashboard and opening the Log Stream panel to see if you can open that saved search in Discover without issues?

vokoscreenNG-2024-06-24_15-22-44

Also, any errors in the Browser Console?

Thanks for replying !

On my dashboard, I don't have this option :

I have some errors in my browser Console (I use firefox) but I have exactly the same errors when I go to Observability -> Logs -> Stream

You may need to copy that saved search to a different dashboard if you can't edit that one.

I've found this issue that seems related to yours and it is still being triaged

I can edit my dashboard but I can't open the saved search in Discover, i choose the "Log Stream' in this panel (bullet point 1)
I don't know if I can use "custom visualization" (bullet point 2) to create a log stream

Oh, I see. I'm sorry. I confused the dedicated Log Stream panel with the classic Discover Saved Search. I suggest creating a saved search and using that in your dashboard.

Log Stream dashboard embeddable seams that will be deprecated in 9.x

I've opened a new issue for this, since I could reproduce the issue on my end as well. Please feel free to chime in and provide any additional feedback you see fit.

The issue with LogStream will be fixed in 8.15 with this PR

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ohhh thanks good news !!

I will try to create a saved search and use it in my dashboard instead (if that will be deprecated in a future release)

1 Like