Logstash 7.1.1 - Production environment security and stability settings

Hello all!
What settings do you recommend to consider before Logstash production deploy in ELK?
Thank you for your assistance.

That is a very general and broad question. What is your use case? How much data are you looking to process? What kind of architecture are you envisioning? What type of outputs and inputs will you be using? What are the requirements around your setup?

So, please, give explanation of recommended to discover settings of Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash which could raise an exception like overflow of RAM, disk space, speed bottlenecks, etc on used production environment. That's all I need. Not all settings are represented by documentation. Be helpful.
Thank you.

That is still very broad and general. What have you tried and setup so far? What problems are you facing? If you can provide more detailed questions you may have a better chance of getting a response.

I don't even know what your question is. The first step would be investigate the performance of the Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana components and see which are a bottleneck. It is impossible for us to tell you that. You need to tell us that. If you have evidence that it is Kibana then you posted in the wrong forum. If you have evidence that it is logstash then I would expect you to look at the performance data that will tell you how expensive each filter is. If you have evidence that it is elasticsearch then post that and we can ask you much more specific questions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.