Logstash 7.10.x version does not start

I have downloaded the .tar.gz file and tried bringing up logstash through the logstash script.
I am unable to bring up any of the 7.10.2 versions of logstash with the below error. I see posts about the permissions of the directory where the logs are written. They seem to have the right permissions. But still my issue isnt solved. Any help would be appreciated.

2021-06-07 18:15:17,956 main ERROR Unable to locate plugin type for PipelineRoutingFilter
2021-06-07 18:15:17,957 main ERROR Unable to locate plugin type for PipelineRoutingFilter
2021-06-07 18:15:17,958 main ERROR Unable to locate plugin type for PipelineRouting
2021-06-07 18:15:18,088 main ERROR Unable to locate plugin for PipelineRoutingFilter
2021-06-07 18:15:18,091 main ERROR Could not create plugin of type class org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.RollingFileAppender for element RollingFile: java.lang.NullPointerException java.lang.NullPointerException

2021-06-07 18:15:18,092 main ERROR Unable to invoke factory method in class org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.RollingFileAppender for element RollingFile: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No factory method found for class org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.RollingFileAppender java.lang.IllegalStateException: No factory method found for class org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.RollingFileAppender
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.plugins.util.PluginBuilder.findFactoryMethod(PluginBuilder.java:234)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.plugins.util.PluginBuilder.build(PluginBuilder.java:134)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.AbstractConfiguration.createPluginObject(AbstractConfiguration.java:1002)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.AbstractConfiguration.createConfiguration(AbstractConfiguration.java:942)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.AbstractConfiguration.createConfiguration(AbstractConfiguration.java:934)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.AbstractConfiguration.doConfigure(AbstractConfiguration.java:552)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.AbstractConfiguration.initialize(AbstractConfiguration.java:241)
        at org.logstash.log.LogstashConfigurationFactory.getConfiguration(LogstashConfigurationFactory.java:64)
        at org.logstash.log.LogstashConfigurationFactory.getConfiguration(LogstashConfigurationFactory.java:36)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.ConfigurationFactory.getConfiguration(ConfigurationFactory.java:302)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.ConfigurationFactory$Factory.getConfiguration(ConfigurationFactory.java:459)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.ConfigurationFactory.getConfiguration(ConfigurationFactory.java:323)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext.reconfigure(LoggerContext.java:687)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext.setConfigLocation(LoggerContext.java:676)
        at org.logstash.log.LoggerExt.reconfigure(LoggerExt.java:180)

2021-06-07 18:15:18,095 main ERROR Unable to locate plugin for PipelineRoutingFilter
2021-06-07 18:15:18,095 main ERROR Could not create plugin of type class org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.RollingFileAppender for element RollingFile: java.lang.NullPointerException java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.plugins.visitors.PluginElementVisitor.findNamedNode(PluginElementVisitor.java:104)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.plugins.visitors.PluginElementVisitor.visit(PluginElementVisitor.java:88)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.plugins.util.PluginBuilder.injectFields(PluginBuilder.java:185)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.plugins.util.PluginBuilder.build(PluginBuilder.java:121)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.AbstractConfiguration.createPluginObject(AbstractConfiguration.java:1002)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.AbstractConfiguration.createConfiguration(AbstractConfiguration.java:942)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.AbstractConfiguration.createConfiguration(AbstractConfiguration.java:934)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.AbstractConfiguration.doConfigure(AbstractConfiguration.java:552)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.AbstractConfiguration.initialize(AbstractConfiguration.java:241)
        at org.logstash.log.LogstashConfigurationFactory.getConfiguration(LogstashConfigurationFactory.java:64)
        at org.logstash.log.LogstashConfigurationFactory.getConfiguration(LogstashConfigurationFactory.java:36)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.ConfigurationFactory.getConfiguration(ConfigurationFactory.java:302)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.ConfigurationFactory$Factory.getConfiguration(ConfigurationFactory.java:459)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.ConfigurationFactory.getConfiguration(ConfigurationFactory.java:323)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext.reconfigure(LoggerContext.java:687)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext.setConfigLocation(LoggerContext.java:676)

You would need to provide more detail. What are the non-comment lines in logstash.yml? What command line are you using to start logstash?

Hi,
These are my non-comment lines in logstash.yml
pipeline.workers: 35
pipeline.batch.size: 5000
pipeline.batch.delay: 5000
queue.max_events: 900
queue.max_bytes: 200mb
path.logs: /Users/xxxxx/workspace/logstash-7.10.2/logs

I tried to bring up logstash like: sh bin/logstash

Since its a 3rd party SW that i am using, trying to build this from source.

I am able to bring up other versions of logstash, but just not the 7.10.2. Any help would be appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.