Logstash rpm service on unix

okay i was running logstash on unix using the /bin logstash comman but it gives the warning that it cant find the logstash.yml when it already exists so i found out that i should run it as a service so i did that and the service is keeping on restarting and giving these errors even running on root

019-01-25 12:09:09,067 main ERROR Unable to invoke factory method in class org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.RollingFileAppender for element RollingFile: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No factory method found for class org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.RollingFileAppender java.lang.IllegalStateException: No factory method found for class org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.RollingFileAppender

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/log/logstash/logstash-slowlog-plain.log (Permission denied) java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/log/logstash/logstash-slowlog-plain.log (Permission denied)

also please I want to know all the permissions I need to enable on unix bc I have limited time access on root

Does this help?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.