Logstash cannot accept the events

(Andrey Miroshnichenko) #1

Since some time logstash cannot accept the events from other hosts. It just fills the disk with logs of:
[2018-07-12T01:14:05,241][WARN ][logstash.outputs.elasticsearch] Could not index event to Elasticsearch. {:status=>400, :action=>["index", {:_id=>nil, :_index=>"filebeat-2018.07.11", :_type=>"doc", :_routing=>nil}, #LogStash::Event:0x48a8f43], :response=>{"index"=>{"_index"=>"filebeat-2018.07.11", "_type"=>"doc", "_id"=>"RXGfi2QB4MOEB4eqhmGr", "status"=>400, "error"=>{"type"=>"mapper_parsing_exception", "reason"=>"object mapping for [host] tried to parse field [host] as object, but found a concrete value"}}}}

What could be the reason?

(Magnus B├Ąck) #2

Known problem with 6.3 of the Elastic stack. Search for "object mapping for [host] tried to parse field [host] as object, but found a concrete value" in the archives for details.

(Andrey Miroshnichenko) #3

I guess the problem appeared since we added a new node and installed 6.3.x version of filebeat.
Yesterday I upgraded all the filebeats in the infrastructure, but the problem is still there.

I found a topic of Problem with transfer Filebeat 6.1.3 > Logstash 6.1.3 > Elasticsearch 6.1.3. There they recommend to mutate the fields in order to pass into the new index schema.

(Andrey Miroshnichenko) #4

The recomendations what to do.

(system) #5

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.