Logstash data storage

Hello all
I am running my ELk stack on docker so whenever my logstash loses connection with elasticsearch then the data which is getting parsed where is it stored.
According to my observation it is piling up the logstash containers, so is there a particular directory inside the conatiner which it is supposed to pile up if yes then will mounting the directory as a volume outside the conatiner will it help?

Regards
Gaurav Agarwal

According to my observation it is piling up the logstash containers, so is there a particular directory inside the conatiner which it is supposed to pile up

The data directory. See Logstash Directory Layout | Logstash Reference [8.11] | Elastic.

if yes then will mounting the directory as a volume outside the conatiner will it help?

Yes.

Is it the data directory which should be mounted outside since I m not very sure where is the storage piling up is happening?

Is it the data directory which should be mounted outside

I already answered that question.

since I m not very sure where is the storage piling up is happening?

But that's easy to check, isn't it?

It says the data directory is not writable.

[2018-05-28T09:35:49,874][FATAL][logstash.runner ] An unexpected error occurred! {:error=>#<ArgumentError: Path "/usr/share/logstash/data" must be a writable directory. It is not writable.>,

And this happens when mounting a directory from the host...?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.