Logstash does not start on windows 10

Hi -

I have logstash installed on windows 10 laptop.When I try to execute logstash using the command below , nothing happens and all see is the message below.

logstash -f logstash.conf --config.test_and_exit
warning: ignoring JAVA_OPTS=-Dcom.sun.xml.namespace.QName.useCompatibleSerialVersionUID=1.0 -Xms32m -Xmx64m ; pass JVM parameters via LS_JAVA_OPTS

Here is my conf file which is stored in bin directory.

input
{
file
{
path=>"D:/ELK_STACK/DATA/INPUT/input.log"
start_position=>"beginning"
}
}

output {
file {
path => "D:/ELK_STACK/DATA/OUTPUT/output.log"
codec => rubydebug
}
}

I have ued --config.debug on command line , but get the same message shown above.I have logstash 6.2.2 . I tried using 5.6.8 and got exact same message .Any Idea what I might be missing ?Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you
Sri

If you actually want to start Logstash rather than just test the syntax of the configuration and exit then don't use the --config.test_and_exit option.

Hi magnusbaek - Thank you for your response. I wanted to test the configuration , so I was using --config.test_and_exit . I also tried removing that and nothing happens.

Even I am facing the same issue.

On Logstash 5.5

logstash-5.5.0\bin>logstash
JAVA_OPTS was set to [-Xms3g -Xmx3g -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -
XX:+UseParNewGC]. Logstash will trust these options, and not set any defaults that it might usually set
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Ignoring option MaxPermSize; support was removed in 
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Option UseConcMarkSweepGC was deprecated in version 
9.0 and will likely be removed in a future release.
Unrecognized VM option 'UseParNewGC'
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

But on Logstash 5.6.8:

logstash-5.6.8\bin>logstash
warning: ignoring JAVA_OPTS=-Xms3g -Xmx3g -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -
XX:+UseParNewGC; pass JVM parameters via LS_JAVA_OPTS

This means that logstash command for logstash 5.6.8 isn't recognised on Windows 10 while 5.5.0 is recognised.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.