Logstash error: Java::JavaLang::NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can lend a hand or give some guidance. I have recently installed Elasticsearch on Ubuntu 20.04 and have most everything up and running. I am working with SQL Server 2019 on a remote machine and can query the databases just fine using the mssql-tools, no problem.

At the present, I have been challenged with logstash connecting to SQL Server and have gone as far as setting the JAVA_HOME and PATH environment variables to no avail and have also copied the jar file sqljdbc32.jar to /usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/jars. I am using Open JDK 8. Installation went fine and all other services work great, but this one continues to be problematic. The tutorial I have followed to get SQL data into Logstash is:

The configuration file for connection is very similar to the file that is illustrated in the tutorial:

See this section of the tutorial: -> Content of mssql_dataset.conf

I'm even using the Adventureworks2014 database. The only things that are different are the username, password, and IP address. As indicated before, mssql-tools can query that DB from Linux with no problem, so it's not a connectivity issue that is firewall or protocol related from an OS perspective.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks for any and all responses,

Steve

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.