Trouble connecting to Microsoft SQL Server in Logstash via jdbc

I'm having trouble connecting logstash to MS Sql Server via the jdbc driver. I'm using jdk 11.0.8 and MSS Sql Server jdbc driver 4.2 (jre8). I've had success setting up other machines with 11.0.7 and 4.2, but with this installation I keep getting:

A plugin had an unrecoverable error. Will restart this plugin.
      Pipeline_id:main
      Plugin: <LogStash::Inputs::Jdbc jdbc_user=>"xxx", statement=>"SQL Statement"
      Error: Java::JavaLang::NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter
      Exception: Sequel::DatabaseConnectionError

I've confirmed that the CLASSPATH environment variable is set to the path for the sqljdbc jre8 jar file (I've tried both with and without the file itself appended to the path), that JAVA_HOME is set to the path for jdk 11.0.8 and that the bin folder for jre 11.0.8 is in the PATH environment variable.

I've also copied the auth file for the sqljdbc driver and pasted it in the jdk/bin folder of my Elasticsearch installation.

I've uninstalled and re-installed both the jdk and the sqljdbc driver and restarted the system. I'm a bit stumped about what to look at next. Can anyone help? Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.