Logstash executable accepts filebeat data, but logstash service not working with same conf files

Hello everyone, I am running the ELK stack in openstack and am having a bit of trouble getting the daemon to work properly. For some reason, if I run the executable version using the command ./bin/logstash -f config/beat2.conf I get the correct result from my filebeat server sending over logs. However, when I run the logstash daemon using service logstash start or with systemctl, my filebeat server will give me the connection refused error. Since this is a cloud server I have check the entropy issue by install haveged on the logstash server. Im wondering if the logstash daemon is not reading my conf file correctly, however I have not found any logs that point me towards the error. Please let me know if you can help, thanks!
Edit: I also just realized that the logstash service is not actually listening on the correct port, even though the systemctl says that logstash is active.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.