Logstash index issue after 5.x to 6.2 upgrade

Hello, all.

Yesterday, I upgraded my Elastic stack from version 5.x to 6.2, and today, my logstash (and filebeat) indices no longer work. Here's some output from elasticsearch.log:

[2018-02-08T00:03:29,150][WARN ][logstash.outputs.elasticsearch] Could not index event to Elasticsearch. {:status=>400, :action=>["index", {:_id=>nil, :_index=>"logstash-2018.02.08", :_type=>"doc", :_routing=>nil}, #LogStash::Event:0x6297d867], :response=>{"index"=>{"_index"=>"logstash-2018.02.08", "_type"=>"doc", "_id"=>nil, "status"=>400, "error"=>{"type"=>"mapper_parsing_exception", "reason"=>"Failed to parse mapping [default]: [include_in_all] is not allowed for indices created on or after version 6.0.0 as [_all] is deprecated. As a replacement, you can use an [copy_to] on mapping fields to create your own catch all field.", "caused_by"=>{"type"=>"mapper_parsing_exception", "reason"=>"[include_in_all] is not allowed for indices created on or after version 6.0.0 as [_all] is deprecated. As a replacement, you can use an [copy_to] on mapping fields to create your own catch all field."}}}}}

I've googled extensively, but can't seem to come up with a solution. I would appreciate your (very detailed) help in getting back to good.

Many thanks.

This is really more of an Elasticsearch question. Your problem just happens to show up when using Logstash and Filebeat.

Thanks, Magnus. I'll post there.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.