Logstash ingest & Logstash Indexer

How to configure Logstash ingest nodes and logstash index nodes separately ? Heard logstash index and ingesters some where but no traces in elastic.co documentations. Correct me if invalid.

I don't understand your question. What are you trying to do? What do you mean by "ingest node" and "index node"?

how to make configurations to send logs from filebeat to ingest node and from ingest node to index node. If i am not wrong I heard ingest node will take input from any input sources, and index node do document indexing at elasticsearch. More over please provide what is index node and ingest node difference as i didnt get any information in elastic documents.

While it's possible to use multiple Logstash instances that have different roles it's not mandatory. I suggest you keep it simple. Get things working first, and if it later on makes sense to use multiple instances then you can worry about that then.

i am good handling filebeat logs to logstash where we have parsing confs and sending them to elasticsearch. but we are planning to have multiple logstash nodes which can perform different roles individually namely few nodes for ingest and few for index purpose. will be glad if you can share any documents atleast.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.