Logstash Not Creating Muy Index

I am attempting to index my IIS logs using logstash. I found an example config file From THIS web site. I used it as is as my Logstash configuration and it ran with no error. I then began seeing this in the command window
11:43:44:161 [Ruby-0-Thread-12: D:/logstash-production/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:538] DEBUG logstash.pipeline - - Pushing flush onto pipeline. After several of these lines repeating I then get this.

11:43::44:378 [{main]<file] DEBUG logstash.inputs.file - _globbed_files: \servername\C$\inetpub\logs\logfile**.log: glob is :[ ]

This pattern continued for about 15 minutes during this time I was checking Kibana for the Index to appear and it was never created. I checked the security logs on my IIS server and I can see the account logstash was running under logging on and off the server, so I know it is contacting the server.

Can anyone explain why I am not getting any data?

The log message you found indicates that the filename pattern isn't matching any files. Does Logstash have access to \\servername\c$? Does it work if you use forward slashes instead of backslashes?

Thank you for your response after, changing to forward slashes it worked.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.